A Partner in the Community
An important dimension of MGM Resorts International’s history and character is its commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. MGM Resorts believes that it can both excel as a profit-making business and make a positive contribution to the benefit of its employees, its community and the environment.
Volunteerism and community spirit are integral elements of MGM Resorts’ culture. With its family of more than 81,000 community-minded team members engaged in our communities, MGM strives to make a difference everywhere we live, work and care for our families.
MGM Resorts’ contributions to host communities go beyond cash donations – MGM also dedicates its time, talent, labor and spirit to its local nonprofit partners. Given its strong commitment to diversity, MGM will continue to make these contributions in the City of Yonkers and all of its host communities.
Empire City Casino supports nonprofit agencies that provide direct services to people living in the communities where our property has an impact, as well as where our employees live. Empire City Casino’s 2019 philanthropic contributions will reflect not only the communities that we serve, but also our parent company MGM Resorts International’s commitment to corporate social responsibility and building stronger host communities.
Funding Eligibility Requirements
Your organization must be a registered, qualified tax-exempt, section 501 (c)(3) charity based in the tristate area: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut.
We fund work that:
- Has a clear strategy
- Can be effectively measured to evaluate success
- Approaches challenges with a commitment to long-term change
- Builds an inclusive and diverse community
- Uses innovation to address a social issue
We do not fund:
- Organizations in operation for less than 3 years
- Faith-based organizations except for programs that benefit the community as a whole
- PTA and PTO organizations, private education institutions
- Fraternal and sorority organizations
- Athletic teams and clubs
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Political action groups, candidates or lobbying efforts
Empire City Casino is deeply committed to making positive contributions to the overall quality of life for residents in the community and to those within neighboring communities. Through our monetary, in-kind, and volunteerism support, we invest in charitable organizations that:
- Alleviate critical gaps in our communities’ social infrastructure (especially food insecurity, public education and health and wellness initiatives).
- Improve the economic development, culture and environmental sustainability of our communities.
K-12 public education, public colleges and universities, community colleges.
Programs that provide access and nutritious meals for food-insecure individuals and families within the community.
Health and Wellness
Programs that encourage a healthy lifestyle and improve one’s well-being while reducing social and health challenges.
Educational and training programs that align with our business and prepare individuals for sustainable career opportunities.
Programs that improve the quality of our environment and promote sustainability through education, stewardship of community ecosystems, conservation and beautification.
Who We Partner With
We seek to get involved with companies and organizations that align with the following principles:
- Our contributions must address the most critical community needs, principally in Westchester County extending to the tristate area.
- We strive to develop partnerships and make contributions that result in systemic change and that have long-term impact.
- While in the process of engaging, we strive to cultivate leadership among our partners and offer expertise in order to sustain our good works.
- We value sustainable returns on investment and interdependence between our company and the community.
- Organizations seeking grants or sponsorship monies must demonstrate the practice and advancement of the principles of diversity and inclusion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have deadlines for application submission?
We accept and review applications on a quarterly basis within 30 to 90 days of submission.
Can I submit a paper application?
No, all applications must be submitted through our online application process.
When will I be contacted about the status of my request?
After your application is submitted, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. After an initial review, you may be contacted to provide additional information.
Will I need to submit a report of outcomes, impact and metrics?
If selected for funding, you may be asked to provide stories of success along with high-resolution photos.
Can I apply for funding multiple times throughout the year?
Due to the volume of requests received and the limited resources, we can only accommodate one request per organization each calendar year.
If my organization is selected to receive funding, does that support guarantee future funding?
Unfortunately, no. Empire City Casino has full discretion to select a variety of organizations to support, which may change year over year.